- industrial grade abstract expressionism
- classical modern juxtapositions
- contemporary renaissance equations
- beautiful and empowered women
- brilliant ablutions and compromising in flagrante
- celebrity skins: the Beautiful Ones
- the Golden Age of Rock & Roll
- vice & virtue: political administrations in denial
- sketchbooks – bits from ‘out-there’
- horror, defrockings, obscenities, blasphemies
- Marty Cohen, the artist
Marty Cohen is a NYC based mixed-media painter and illustrator. His work explores the intersection of abstract expressionism with realism, and the classicism of the Renaissance with modernism. Always in conflict, each respective form battles for attention.
A prolific painter and illustrator, Marty maintains a vast portfolio of his works in collections of paintings, and mixed-media, from sketchbook to large -format.
Marty has completed a significant number of series, including his epic political satire collages, celebrity and musical artist portraits, and his stunning Doors of Expression collection – a series of painting and mixed media over recycled wood French doors.
Marty was awarded his BFA from SUNY Purchase, in 1982, and moved on to graduate study at the Studio School of Drawing Painting & Sculpture, in New York City. He earned his MFA under the tutelage of Sam Gilliam, at Carnegie Mellon
one man and group shows
Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
Eli Lilly and Company
Bill Kurtis Productions
Richard Chamberlain Communications Group, Inc.
Dario Gristina, Genergy Electric
Lisa Markowitz, Sony Productions
Frank & Gayle Zappa Family Collection
Iman and David Bowie
Lynn and Nick Nicholas
Lorna Hyde Graev
Alexandra A. Herzan
Sasha Nicholas and Steve Caputo
Lois and Viggo Holm Madsen
Frank Cieoli Contracting
Jeff & Madeline Grant
Howard & Ellen Schusterman
Jenny Choi & Jim Warner
Josh & Jessica Peskay
Daniel & Mara Hochman